The institute has a Research Committee to promote research activities within the institute:-
Composition of Research Monitoring Committee:
Head – Prof. (Dr.) Shakeel Ahmed
IQAC Head – Dr. Payal Samdariya
Incharge – Dr. Anjum Sayyad
Member – Mrs. Zarina Shaikh
Member – Mrs. Sheena Abraham
Member – Mr. Lionel D’mello
Member – Mrs. Misba Qadri
The faculties are encouraged to undertake research activities, and they are guided in planning and executing research projects, right from the stage of making project proposals, obtaining project funding, and submitting the utilization certificates. The institute organizes at least 01 state, national and international seminars /conferences every year sponsored by various funding agencies. To encourage the faculty and students to present and publish research papers/ articles by providing incentives. The faculties participated, presented and published research papers/ abstracts at international, national and state level seminars/conferences/workshops. Even some of the faculties worked as Resource persons.
Code of Ethics:
The Research Committee follows certain code of ethics and hence performs responsibilities as under:
- The received manuscripts are assessed by the Research Committee is an unbiased manner for submission in the inhouse conferences/ seminars.
- The reviewers express their suggestions to the concerned faculty clearly with supporting arguments.
- The research committee then conducts plagiarism through online plagiarism software, to avoid duplication and any other unethical practices.
- A copy of the plagiarism report is also submitted to the concerned faculty member.
- For research based on secondary data faculty members are advised to mention clearly the source in the references aspect of their research paper.
- The authors of research have to submit copyright/authorization/ declaration form at the time of registration for seminars/ conferences to endorse their work as original.
- If the manuscripts received are found to be plagiarized then the authors are asked to resubmit their research by making necessary corrections.
Research Projects (Summer Internship Projects and Dissertation):
Every student of MBA second year have to draft a research project and dissertation report under the supervision of internal project guide that are allotted by the institute and specialization coordinator. The research committee along with the respective guide assesses and evaluates the project report prepared by the student. The title of SIP is confined to only one student under one company. Once finalized by the team and guide then the student submits the black bound copy of their research to the college and appears for the internal and external University viva and submit the copy to the university.