The MBA-IT Department of Y & M AKI Poona Institute of Management Sciences and Entrepreneurship Pune. Organized one day Workshop on “ANDRIOD & IOS TECHNOLOGY” on 31/03/2018.
“We think android is very fragmented and becoming more fragmented by the day and Apple strive for the integrated model so that the user are not said to be system integrator!”
– Steve Jobs
Android is an open-source software that includes the operating system, middleware, and key mobile applications, along with a set of API libraries for writing applications that can shape the look, feel, and function of the devices on which they run Small, stylish, and versatile, modern mobile devices have become powerful tools that incorporate touch screens, cameras, media players, Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, and Near Field Communications (NFC) hardware.
All the faculty members actively participated in the event to make it a grand success.
Workshop Title: Android & IOS Technology
Resource person: Mr. Ajay Vishwanath Panchal
Coordinators: Mr. Mohammad Ali Shaikh, Mrs. Zarina Shaikh, Mrs. Lubna Shaikh.
Mr. Azim Shaikh (Student coordinator).
(What is Android Technology?)
Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications.
- A software platform and operating system for mobile devices
- Based on the Linux kernel
- Developed by Google and later the Open Handset Alliance (OHA)
- Allows writing managed code in the Java language
- Unveiling of the Android platform was announced on 5 November 2007 with the founding of OHA
Android has expanded beyond its roots as a mobile phone operating system, providing a consistent platform for application development across an increasingly wide range of hardware Android has powerful APIs, excellent documentation, a successful developer community, and no development or distribution costs. As mobile devices continue to increase in popularity, you have the opportunity to create innovative applications no matter what your development experience.
Duration: It’s a one day workshop on 31/03/20118.from 10.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. In this one day course, student gained valuable hands-on experience.
How many students have attended this workshop: 50.
Software Tools: Android Studio SDK.
Topics covered in this Workshop
- Need of Android Technology development
- Layouts – SQL Lite
- List Now
Project 1: Android with SQlite for Student Database.
Project 2: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Talking to your Android Phone
- Connecting with Mobile Device
- The Android Mobile OS.
- Layout and Activity Design.
- Current scenario/job opportunities of Application Development industries.
- Understanding the skill set required in a new employee in Android industry.
- Understanding the Android Apps and scope Understanding the difference in IOS apps available in the industry & their use.
- In-depth knowledge on design, construction and programming concepts involved in building an activity with renowned Industry Experts.
Outcomes of attending the workshop:
- What “the Android & IOS Technology” means and how it relates to mobile applications concepts
- How open platforms allow you to store your data
- The basic usage of the Android environment for creating your own embedded
- How to connect your apps with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and make it use.
- How to update the features and layout along with SQlite database
- Layout and views by texting from your Phone.
In this Workshop, how all Apps in Android & IOS device has faster network connectivity is rapidly growing everywhere was discussed. Also the business benefits for any devices and views for faster growing market are instantly cleared.